Update 1.9 for Tyto Ecology
We’re very excited to announce that Tyto Ecology’s 1.9 update is one of our biggest yet! So excited, in fact, that we’ve prepared a video and change list for you to peruse. Here’s hoping this patch agrees with you, and that it betters your in-game experience even further.
Week by Week
- Time passes a week at a time now, as opposed to a day at a time, making the game 7x faster.
- As such, hunger and starvation rates have been increased.
- Certain animals have had their brood sizes reduced.
- Leaf points and fruit points increased.
- Players now receive coins every month as opposed to every week. This equates to more coins earned in real time.
- You can now skip three months, six months, or a year at a time.
Welcome to the Plant Fields
- Grass-type plants (Galleta Grass, Blue Grama Grass, Buffalo Grass, Blue Poppy, Himalayan Fairy Grass) now spawn in territory-like fields.
- They’ll reproduce within their fields until they hit their max leaf count, dictated by their max capacity.
- When max leaf count is hit, they’ll then split into a new field, unless there’s no more room to grow.
- This change should allow for a performance boost across all users. However, the change is not fully retroactive. Your pre-1.9 biodomes that contain grasses will have them be treated as plant fields, but only for every plant.
Features Added; Tweaks Tweaked
- Herbivores and insectivores now have a more randomized eating algorithm, so that mushrooms may live.
- Speaking of, mushrooms now prompt notifications at a lower threshold.
- Everyone’s saves have been reset to “No Time Passed”, as to not have you wake to obliterated biodomes.
Bugs in Memoriam
- Three digit notification numbers now fit in the notification badge.
- Dead animals tell no tales, nor do they make a sound when you click on them.
- Agave plants no longer reproduce as babies.
- Animal territories will no longer split into the central tower.
- Biodex biome selection text is now fitted properly.
- Trimmed off names that have a space at the beginning or end of their name.
Have a good one!