Tyto Ecology Update 1.6 for Steam!
We have just released version 1.6 for Tyto Ecology on Steam. It is available to update for all Mac and PC users. We have made some changes and additions to the gameplay, as well as fixing some tiny bugs! Below is a video explaining the changes, as well as a detailed log.
New God-Mode camera controller
- With the new God-Mode camera controller, you can right click to rotate the camera.
- Using the WASD keys or moving the mouse to the edge of the screen will allow you to move in the world.
- Push the Q and E keys to move up and down in the world, as long as the free float setting is on.
Skip time feature: 1 week, 1 month, 3 months
- Spend Tyto Coins to advance the time by a week, a month, or three months!
- The price of the time skip goes up 3x every time you use it, but after three in-game days, it will go down again.
Updated options and rebindable keys
- There are new options in the menu, including the addition of rebinding keys to your liking.
New notification alert icon over territories in need of attention
- Now you can tell which specific territories are giving you trouble by an in-world icon above the group of plants or animals.
General resource balancing changes
- We adjusted the Tyto Coin formula, so new users can earn more in the beginning, but not as much later. We also adjusted for the new skip time mechanic!
- The Tyto Coin price of animals and plants has been adjusted for a better spread.
- The amount of Coins earned for achievements has been adjusted as well.
- We have fixed an issue where herbivores sometimes don’t eat the food available, causing them to starve.
- Stability and general crashes were fixed.
- We added randomized sound effects that can now be heard in your biodome while you’re looking around.
- Fish can now be seen jumping in the water.
Thank you for your continued support!